Thursday, August 14, 2014

INKnBURN Product Review

Kat wearing her Woman's Drifting Petals Tank Top.
I first encountered the INKnBURN product line at a race I did recently out in California.  My friend Kat from Smushtush Running and Fitness and I were running the Nanny Goat 100.  I noticed she had a really cool top.  It wasn't like one of the standard tops like 50 different people wear at the same race but the design on it really stuck out.  I couldn't help but ask her where she got it.  She proceeded to tell me about this company called INKnBURN. All their products are handmade in the USA. I will admit I was a little jealous of her cool running shirt.  OK, I was more than a little jealous because it looked awesome and I wanted one.  I am usually one that just says I don't care what I wear and often times give my wife a hard time when she has 20 different outfits to try on for race day and I have to help her choose which one she looks best in.  Then when I tell her she ends up going with the opposite thing I said anyway. 

I recently got to try out two of their running tops. One was the Men's Badwater Tech Shirt and the other was the Men's Patriot Tech Shirt. The moment I opened the package I was loving the look and
Men's Badwater Shirt. Felt so great I was floating.
the feel.  I couldn't wait to get the shirt on.  Once I got it on it felt so comfortable, soft and lightweight.  I thought with all the designs on it that it would be hot but that wasn't the case at all. It was just the opposite.  In fact it kept me very cool.  I will go on to say it is my coolest running shirt.  Not just by design but by feel as well.  I would actually call it a work of art.  It is that awesome!!!  You can tell they put pride and quality into the workmanship of this product and they are far above the competition in every area of quality and design. 

I finally got to take the shirts out for a run and they did not disappoint.  They looked great, felt great and kept me cool. They felt great during the run, no chafing and the sizing was perfect.  I wear a size large usually in my running tops.  I ordered a large and the fit was just right. I will just say that this is my new favorite choice in running shirts and apparel.  If you are looking for some really Kick A$$ running gear for all distances of racing or training whether you are running a 5k or crushing a 100 mile race this gear is for you.  Men or Women whether it be shirts, tanks, shorts, running skirts, sports bras, arm sleeves, calf sleeves, pants.  You name it they've got it, take pride in their work and quality and all product is made in the USA. They are definitely worth the price.  Much like a great pair of running shoes or great pair of running socks this product is top notch. If you want to stand out in the crowd with some excellent quality product I highly recommend checking out their website at www.inknburn.com and getting some of their product. Set up an account and use the one time use code INBrunnerds14 for 15% off.  You won't be disappointed.

About INKnBURN:   INKnBURN's Tech shirt is made out of our own lightweight, moisture-wicking, and breathable performance fabric.  All our patterns were designed at our office and tested at extreme distance by endurance runners.  We apply art to each panel treating every part of the shirt like a canvas.  Our unique and proprietary process enables us to get beautiful, vibrant images you can see but not feel.  Every shirt is hand-crafted right here at our office by caring and dedicated U.S. workers.  Our process allows us to create shirt designs you won't find anywhere else on the planet. 

INKnBURN is composed of a small group of people who are fiercely dedicated to designing and creating innovative, high-quality and hand-crafted apparel. Our favorite people to design for are those who don’t want to blend in with the crowd. Ever notice in that huge pack at the start of a race you’ll see maybe 10 different shirts? We decided to change that.

We also know that beauty is only skin deep, and that apparel needs to be well crafted, high quality, and feel as good as it looks. So we started with the athletes who demand the most from their tech shirts: endurance runners. We knew that if we could design a shirt that a person could wear for a 100-mile race and still stay comfortable and cool in, then that shirt would work for any athletic endeavor. These days people are wearing our apparel for running, cross-fit, yoga, biking, golf, MMA, cheerleading, tennis and swimming. 


INKnBURN Dry I.C.E. fabrics, (Instant Cooling through Evaporation), are super lightweight, silky, breathable and always have some stretch so they move with you.  Our unique process for applying the art to each panel before sewing enables us to create beautiful, vibrant images that you can see but not feel. It also gives us the freedom to create designs that you won't find anywhere else on the planet.


As a bonus, you'll never feel an annoying tag rubbing on the back of your neck while wearing an INKnBURN shirt. That's because the "tag" is burned into the inner neckband itself. For our sports bra and camisole, the tag doubles as a hidden pocket. Form and function!


All INKnBURN apparel is manufactured in the USA (Costa Mesa, CA). We love what we do, and are confident that you'll love our creations, too!

INKnBURN started selling tech running shirts online back in 2010 and have been growing ever since.  They are a small company based out of Costa Mesa, CA that is dedicated to designing innovative, high-quality, hand-crafted apparel.  If you want to stand out in the crowd, INKnBURN has you covered, literally.  They make a wide variety of men's and women's athletic and running apparel that is sure to set you apart from the rest of the crowd.  Not only is their art striking and vibrant, but their apparel is well crafted and feels as good as it looks. 


Be sure to check out INKnBURN on Facebook and follow them on Twitter at @INKnBURN! 
and check out their website at www.inknburn.com

Men's Patriot Tech Shirt

Floating During my run wearing the Men's Badwater Tech Shirt

My friend Kat from Smushtush Running and Fitness wearing the Women's Flutter Tank Top during our 100 mile race.

Me during a recent trail run wearing the Men's Tech Patriot Shirt