Friday, February 1, 2013

January 2013 Recap

2012 capped off a great year of running for me being able to finish 8 half marathons, 5 full marathons, and 3 ultra marathons as well as several 5k's and 10k's.  The first month of 2013 is looking good so far to start the New Year off right.  I have been on a pretty intense training plan training for my first 100 mile ultra marathon in April at the Indiana Trail 100

The month of January saw my highest mileage total ever.  In January I ran for a total of 247.1 miles, ran for 38 hours and 36 minutes, and burnt 34,876 calories.  These were all records for me breaking all my records I set last month.  That is an average of running 8 miles every day in January.

During that month I did a 20+ mile run at the Morgan-Monroe State Forrest with over 2200 ft of elevation, ran at least a 20+ mile run every weekend, and finished my first Marathon for 2013 at the Planet Adventure Eagle Creek Night Trail Marathon.

By the way, my running streak is still in tact.  Still haven't missed a day of running outside at least 1 mile since November 23, 2011.  There were several sub 0 wind chill temp days in January but I still managed to get it done.  Looking for an even stronger month in February as I continue to build my mileage base leading into the Indiana Trail 100 in April.