Wednesday, January 2, 2013

5K To Start the New Year Off Right

Tom just edged me out for first overall male
Several members of the Greencastle Running and Fitness Club ran/walked in a New Years Day 5k in Greencastle.  What better way to start the New Year off than with a run/walk.  

There was a great turn out for the event with a $5 charge with all the proceeds going to the Putnam Co. Youth Development Center.

I ran with my good friends John and Christina and my Brother in Law Tom the entire run.  Tom is usually not a runner but a cyclist managed to lace up his running shoes for this event.  After all he finally wanted to participate in a real sport.  LOL.  We had a pretty good pace going the whole way but brother Tom was the better man today slightly edging me out at the end for first overall male.  Christina had a new PR for the 5K beating her old PR by 12 seconds.  She must have a good training partner.  :-)  Katie took overall female honors.

Let's get Heart Healthy in 2013!!  This is a good way to start. Here are some pictures of event.






First overall Katie and Tom


















Tom and my good friends John and Christina.  Wonder who took this picture while running backward.

Danielle looking very fast on the ice and snow

Tom, John and Christina pulling away

Come on Tom, I'm winning!!

Melissa and Sly




I'm up here Tom!!



Christina on her way to a New PR!!  Great job Christina!!

Tom and John battling it out


The champ!!


That's right.  I'm the champ but cycling is still better.  :P



Standing with the champ at the end