Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Will run for cupcakes

This was the run that the girls in the Greencastle Running and Fitness Club had been looking for since it was announced the Run with Jess Cupcake Classic.  It's a virtual 5k run/walk where you get to eat cupcakes when you are finished.  Pretty cool if you ask me.

There was a large group that showed up for this one.  25 girls and 2 guys.  Yes 2 guys ran the cupcake classic.  We met at the Big Walnut Sports Park and would do a little over 2 loops which would get us to the 3.1 miles.  I decided to have a little fun with this since it was a girls only race.  What else than me dress like a girl.  A really tall girl at that.  I was all decked out in pink shorts, pink socks, pink shirt, long hair, pink hat and well, you know what else, they were quite large.  Lets just say that.

The first lap was pretty good.  I raced ahead of everyone so I could get there pictures as they ran by.  Everyone had a great time.  I believe it was the first 5k for some of the girls there so that was exciting too.  Once I got done taking pics I settled into a nice pace with my buddies Christina(the fast cycling chic I can never keep up with) and Katie(the fast running chic that chicked me at the Indy Mini).  We ran in the dark.  It felt like when Katie, Christina and I went out for our 4:30 am morning runs and were training for Indy Mini. 

Overall a great night running with lots of girls.  Chic's rule!!