Wednesday, August 22, 2012

No time for recovery, Just running.

Just came off of an incredible stretch of running for me.  In fact, my most mileage ever in such a short period of time.  After the Ultra Marathon I didn't stop.  No recovery at all.  Ran a little over 105 miles in 9 days and really felt great.  Got to run with Jill all of last week.  Hadn't seen Jill since High School and let me tell you she is really fast.  Hadn't ran like that in a long time and it felt good to push it again.  Gave me the confidence I needed to know I still had my speed and hadn't lost it.  Most of the week we kept it in the low 7 minute per mile range.  We ran several 6 milers, and a 12 miler when she was here.  Looking forward to next year to run with her again.

I also started Cyclocross this week.  Wow is that a brutal workout.  Christina, Tom, and John made sure I received a killer workout.  Those guys are like machines on a bike.  They are awesome and I am very lucky to have such great friends like that to take the time to teach me and kick my butt all at the same time.  I'm catching on.  What I've done so far I love it.  I enjoy being pushed and Cyclocross is awesome.

On to our group run tonight.  I decided to keep my mileage going tonight so I ran 2 1/2 miles before the group run.  Got in a total of 5 1/2 miles tonight.  Had a few new faces that showed up tonight.  I always love welcoming new faces to the group who are excited about getting in shape and getting heart healthy.  We had a very nice turnout tonight.  11 runners showed up tonight.  Perfect evening for a run.  The weather was just right.  I love our Wednesday night runs because I get to run with so many different people I don't normally get to run with.  I ran the first mile with my awesome cycling buddy Christina and ran the 3 mile route with Penny.  She is such an awesome runner and did a great job tonight.  Pretty fast too.  Sure kept me on my toes.

My marathon training continues.  Next race is the first weekend in September in one of my favorite cities, Chicago.  That will be my 3rd 1/2 marathon in Chicago this year.  It will be a tune up run for my big schedule coming up in October.  3 Full Marathons in 6 weeks starting in October.  It's going to be a tough month but I can't wait to step up to the challenge.  I'll be ready!!