Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Run with the Guys.

Got invited to go for a 1 mile run tonight.  After all today is National Running Day.  What better way to celebrate than with a run with the guys. 2 of the guys I had never ran with before so I wasn't sure what I was going to be up against.  I was up for the challenge.  Ran with Bobby and his 11 year old son Tyler and Jeff and his 4 year old son Landon.  I had never ran with Tyler and Landon before.  They looked really tough and determined so I knew it was going to be a good workout. We had a great 1 mile run and those boys sure gave me a workout!!  Landon never slowed down.  I sure wish I had the leg turnover that Landon had.  They were really speeding along and we ended up running 1.16 miles at 10:46 pace.  What an unbelievable run and pace.  I ended up getting beat right at the end by Tyler.  I just couldn't keep up with him at the end.  He had a kick like I have never seen before!!  Awesome job tonight guys.  Lets do it again soon.  I need another speed workout like that!!

Mike