Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Running Streak Continues

Well,  didn't have much of a running day today.  It was my day off.  Having the day off to me is running a mile. I try to get in at least 1 mile of running every day, day off or not.I'm running a mile.  In fact I have not missed a day of running since Thanksgiving 2011.  That's when I decided to participate in the Runners World Holiday Running Streak. It was where you ran at least a mile every day from thanksgiving to New Years Day, 2012.  I completed the task of running 40 days in a row.  Some days it was difficult to sneak my mile in but I got it done.  I liked it so much that I continued the streak.  In fact I am now at 158 Days in a row. after today's 1 mile run and I don't have any plans of stopping.  My 1 mile run was done today at a 6:18 pace.  When I started this running streak I could do a mile in about 7:30 pace.  Today's run was an easy run.  It has helped with my speed as I like to push my 1 mile run on most days.  In fact recently I ran 1 mile at a 5:10 pace which beat my best time from High School by 50 seconds.  Who says you can't get better with age. 

If you think that is good it is nothing compared to one lady in the United States.  Judy Mick.  She is awesome!!  Judy Mick is a totally passionate runner who has been running since 1978.  In fact, she has not missed a day of running since 1985 – that’s right – she’s run every day since 1985!!  Incredible!!  She just released her first book on Amazon.  It is a great book and I encourage you to pick up a copy.  You will be truly inspired by it.   I know I was.

Don't know if I'll ever be able to maintain a running streak like Judy has for 27 years but I am going to run as long as I can.  I have a passion for running that just won't go away.  I want to run as often as possible and as much as possible. 

Really looking forward to my run with Katie tomorrow morning before I have to go to work.  We are doing her favorite kind of run, TRAILS!!  UGH!!  I just hope she doesn't kill me.  We are planning on doing 14 miles of trails.  Hope I can walk when I get done.  Knowing Katie we will get done and then she will go back out and do another 5 miles for fun while I'm at work just to say she had more miles than me that day.  Guess I better bring my running shoes to work. I'll have to take a lunch at work if she does that to run 5 extra miles too.  She is such an awesome competitor. She makes me proud and it pushes me to be a better runner.  I better rest up.  I'm gonna need it.

Mike