Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bad Boys, Bad Boys!!

Tonight was a great night for a run but then again what night isn't a great night.  Matter of fact, what day isn't a great time for a run.  Anytime is a great time for a run.  Not often do I get to run with all guys as you may have already noticed.  Most times it's with the girls which is great!! I was meeting up with Chris and Ed for a 7 miler.  Both of them being Police Officers.  Should be a pretty good night with Greencastle's finest running by my side.  I felt well protected.  Just hope they didn't try to pull me over and give me a ticket for running too fast.  I might have to try to escape by outrunning them.

Chris and I go way back.  Chris and I were good friends in High School.  We played on the football team together but did little running.  Only when Coach Fallis made us in football for conditioning.  We also did some crazy stuff together but I'll save those stories for another time.  This was the first time I had gotten to run with Chris since I started running almost a year ago. . I was really looking forward to it. Chris runs often and I knew he was in good shape.  I mean he has to run to work off all those donuts those guys eat.  We started off at a pretty good pace, under 9 minutes per mile.  Ed was holding his own too.  We did one of my favorite types of runs.  A flat road run.  Before you know it we are half way done.  Still going at a very consistent pace.  We managed to finish the 7.1 mile run at a very comfortable 8:43 pace.  Overall a great run with the guys and a great night. 

Sure glad I didn't get a ticket for speeding.   Bad Boys, Bad Boys, What you gonna do when I run from you!!  Great run with the JERKS!!(Inside joke)   Thanks guys!!

Mike